[Nut-upsuser] Delta UPS boxes

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Wed Sep 3 19:30:21 UTC 2008

Den Wednesday 03 September 2008 15.56.11 skrev Jerome BENOIT:
OK Jerome,
> Here is the full list:
>
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.temperature: 000
> battery.voltage: 274.0
> driver.name: belkin
> driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
> driver.version: 2.2.2
> driver.version.internal: 0.21
> input.frequency: 60.1
> input.transfer.high: 0.0
> input.transfer.low: 0.0
> input.voltage: 211.0
> output.frequency: 60.0
> output.voltage: 220.0
> ups.firmware: 5015307704
> ups.load: 054
> ups.mfr: BELKIN
> ups.model: GES602N
> ups.status: OL
> ups.temperature: 000

Thank you for the info.

> I have not yet made such a test.
> I have one new cluster, one old cluster, and a new workstation.
> So far, I have played with the upssched features on the new computers.
> Now I must play with the old computer: this may take some time.
> Once the all computers are ready, I will make such a test.

Yes I understand that. You need a testsetup so you don't mess up
your cluster. We recomend to power some other load (light's) for
testing and supply the computer directly. In that case if the UPS missbehave
the computer is uneffected.

8<----------------------snip----------------------------------
> What is the expected magic string ? is this string come somehow from the
> UPS box ?
>
> Does I miss something here ?

If you read the 'shutdown.txt' in the doc, you find that this is a file
'creates the POWERDOWNFLAG file - usually /etc/killpower'
And this is created by upsmon master.

http://eu1.networkupstools.org/doc/2.2.0/shutdown.html

This is the file that the shutdown script look for to power of the
ups.

quote
----------------
   if (test -f /etc/killpower)
   then
   	echo "Killing the power, bye!"
   	/usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl shutdown

	sleep 120

	# uh oh... the UPS poweroff failed!
	# you probably should reboot here to avoid getting stuck
	# *** see the section on power races below ***
   fi
unquote

> Meanwhile I got a feed from a Delta user:
> he suggest to use belkinunv. I let it a try,
> but it did not work.

It would be fine if he could give us the info from his setup.
We need to enter this into the compatibility list.
So people know what driver to use.

Regards
Kjell