[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SMX1500XLRT2U through serial

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 04:55:53 UTC 2008

Hello list-

Anyone with Tripplite SMX1500XLRT2U
(http://www.tripplite.com/EN/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=2687)
successfully integrated with NUT through serial port? I'm trying to
connect to SMX1500XLRT2U using serial cable shipped with UPS under
FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE and NUT 2.2.2 installed from ports. Unfortunately,
it looks like it couldn't be recognized.

%dmesg | grep sio
sio0: <16550A-compatible COM port> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
sio0: type 16550A
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled

ups.conf:

[tripplite]
driver = tripplite
port = /dev/cuad0

%/usr/local/libexec/nut/tripplite -a tripplite -DDDDD
Network UPS Tools - Tripp-Lite SmartUPS driver 0.8 (2.2.2)
debug level is '5'

Failed to find UPS - giving up...

I played with different NUT drivers (including genericups) to no available.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Roman