[Nut-upsuser] Access to internal UPS logs?

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Wed Sep 17 09:13:45 UTC 2008

What you say is correct, but the failure mode is that the UPS stays on
but turns off its outputs. During the failure, all monitoring continues
to report that everything is fine - battery at 100% capacity, input
voltage at ~248, output voltage at ~248, temperature at ~32C. The only
thing that changes is that the output load changes from ~10% to 0%,
which is expected if the outputs are turned off.

I would have expected that a battery failure combined with an input
failure would have resulted in the UPS shutting down, and then starting
up again once the input failure condition sorted itself out. As it
happens though there was no input failure condition long enough to cause
any problems with any other equipment, although I understand that a UPS
will respond to even short conditions like that.

Or maybe it is possible that the UPS could detect a very brief (ms)
input failure, try to switch over to battery, find the batteries broken,
and reboot in a "I'm not working because my batteries are broken" mode?
According to the onsite person, none of the LED's indicated a failure
condition though...

HP are sending a new unit anyway and it should be here tomorrow. I hope
we don't find anything stupid like someone forgot to connect the
batteries...

Thanks

James