[Nut-upsuser] Network connection issue with NUT - version information.

Timothy Arbeiter tarbeite at fit.edu
Sat Sep 20 00:55:53 UTC 2008

The solution turned out that the lockfn and pipefn direcotries had to be manually created and their permissions edited to allow the upsd user to be the owner. I also relized the upssched-cmd script was broken in a coulple of places so I had to tweak that to get the mailx program to send right. once this was all corrected the issues seemed to clear up. Also i uncomment the run as user in upsd.conf (i think as i'm not in front of the nut server) to allow nut to run as the upsd user. If anyone would like the config file or the script posted please let me know.

As far as the syslog i'm not sure where to look for this as i'm a novice linux user still. I will try the suggest netstat command monday morning and post the results on here. The version is 2.2.0.

Thanks

-- Timothy Arbeiter
Lead Lab Technician
Lab Support Services