[Nut-upsuser] Network connection issue with NUT - version information.

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Sep 20 07:51:19 UTC 2008

Citeren "Timothy  Arbeiter" <tarbeite at fit.edu>:

> The solution turned out that the lockfn and pipefn direcotries had
> to be manually created and their permissions edited to allow the
> upsd user to be the owner.

Since this is documented in 'upssched.conf' (and we don't enable this
by default for a good reason), I don't think we need to follow up on
this.

> I also relized the upssched-cmd script was broken in a coulple of
> places so I had to tweak that to get the mailx program to send
> right. once this was all corrected the issues seemed to clear up.
> Also i uncomment the run as user in upsd.conf (i think as i'm not in
> front of the nut server) to allow nut to run as the upsd user.

The latter is redundant. This is the default for the RPMs that are
shipped by openSUSE and basically is only there to allow you to
override the default should this be desireable.

> If anyone would like the config file or the script posted please let me know.

We would.

> As far as the syslog i'm not sure where to look for this as i'm a
> novice linux user still.

The output of

     egrep upsd /var/log/messages

would be interesting here.

> I will try the suggest netstat command monday morning and post the
> results on here. The version is 2.2.0.

If so, so probably upgraded from a previous version and have not added

     http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.0/repo/oss/

Note that not all packages are available on the DVD, some require you
to setup online repositories. If memory serves, NUT is one of them.
The version of NUT that comes with openSUSE 11.0 is nut-2.2.2 (the
latest at the time of this writing).

Please keep list traffic on the list