[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD usbhid-ups problem

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Sep 25 08:26:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> Hey there,

> >> No, it's just a matter of securing things. There is a (small)
> >> benefit in running them as different users.
> >
> > OK that's what I thought :)
> >
> >> What was the result after running the driver as root (add '-u
> >> root' to the 'upsdrvctl' commandline)?
> >
> > I tried that but no change :(
>
> you might want to have libusb debug trace also, to see more low level
> things. use "export USB_DEBUG=3" before launching usbhid-ups.
> you might also have a look at your kernel output for ugen to see if
> there is a problem here.

Hmm..
I get this..
usb_control_msg: 161 1 769 0 0x813310c 2 4000
USB error: error sending control message: Input/output error
Can't retrieve Report 1: Input/output error
upsdrv_updateinfo...
Got to reconnect!

usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 3 (on)
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb0
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb1
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb2
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb3
usb_os_find_busses: Found /dev/usb4
usb_os_find_devices: couldn't open device /dev/ugen0: Device busy
No appropriate HID device found
upsdrv_updateinfo...
Got to reconnect!

Sorry for the late reply.. :(