[Nut-upsuser] MGE Evolution mge-utalk Driver Not Connected error

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:40:44 UTC 2009

Hi Phil,

2009/8/2 Phil Harrison <philhar88 at gmail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> I have an mge pulsar esv 14+ rackmount UPS connected via straight
> through serial cable to a USB to serial adaptor (My motherboard does
> not have a native RS232 port).
>
> I am running Ubuntu Server 9.04 x64, and nut 2.4.1-2ubuntu4 installed via
> APT.

I really need to update the compat list: older Evolution units, at MGE UPS
SYTEMS time, where called Pulsar Evolution and where compatible with both
SHUT and the venerable UTalk.
Nowadays (MGE Office Protection Systems and now Eaton), these are called
Evolution and are SHUT only.

so, go the mge-shut or ubshid-ups way.

cheers,
Arnaud