[Nut-upsuser] SmartUPS-600 problem with 940-0024C cable

Christian Ruppert spooky85 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:51:47 UTC 2009

Hey guys,

I built my own 940-0024C cable as described here:
http://www.networkupstools.org/cables/940-0024C.jpg

My problem is that I can't receive anything.
Sending (e.g. through minicom or my own application) works fine.
Nut itself is not able to detect My UPS or anything else.

<snip>
[myups]
	driver = apcsmart
	port = /dev/ttyS0
	cable = 940‐0024C # also tested without cable option
	desc "apc test"
</snip>

# /lib/nut/apcsmart -a myups -D
Network UPS Tools - APC Smart protocol driver 2.00 (2.4.1)
APC command table version 2.0
debug level is '1'
# some delay here..
Unable to detect an APC Smart protocol UPS on port /dev/ttyS0
Check the cabling, port name or model name and try again

So as I said above, sending through My own app or minicom works fine but I'm
not able to receive anything.
I checked all wires again and again, connections is ok, pins are ok.

Is there anybody who has the same UPS (mine is from 1990) and who is able to
receive something?

--
Regards,
Christian Ruppert