[Nut-upsuser] Cannot get Tripplite su2200xla working on freebsd 7.1 nut 2.4.1

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Aug 12 11:08:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Thomas Munn wrote:
> I did recompile the kernel, per advice, but I still don't see any
> drivers (I removed usbhid from my kernel)...the device now looks
> like:
>
> addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
> Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
>  port 1 powered
>  port 2 addr 2: low speed, self powered, config 1, TRIPP LITE
> UPS(0x4003), Tripp Lite(0x09ae), rev 0.00

It should appear in dmesg as ugen unless you also removed ugen from your
kernel conf (if so kldload ugen and replug)

> So any other ideas welcome. I invoke usbhid-ups with the following:
>
> ./usbhid-ups -a tripplite -x explore -u root
>
> I added -x vendorid=09ae and changed the vendorid to 4003 as well. No
> luck. Any ideas?

Check dmesg for ugen entries, I am assuming the UPS shows up as ugen0.

What are the permissions on /dev/ugen0? For the port NUT to work (which
you should use :) it needs to be writable by the uucp user so
chown uucp: /dev/ugen0

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum