[Nut-upsuser] Timers fireing too early

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 03:28:06 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:14 PM, John Jore wrote:

> Hi all, I’ve not been able to find the answer to my timer problem in
> the faq or the archives. (or google)
>
> Basically, I can’t get timers to fire. They fire ignoring the timer
> value, as if the timer was set to 0. I’m using the OpenFiler
> distribution, patched to the latest and greatest.  upsmon 2.2.2
>
> When I pull the power plug, I see the text “Im In Battery”
> instantly, instead of after 20s. Power returned after 55 seconds.
> Could I be missing some dependency, external application, which
> upsmon uses as a timer?

upsmon does not handle timing, but instead delegates that to upssched.
The scheduling happens inside nut-2.2.2/clients/upssched.c.

> (A side issue is that it’s not using the correct variable when
> passing to upssched-cmd, but uses the notify text itself, “ONBATT”,
> this can be seen in the last line from, messages, $1 is “UPS
> ups0 at localhost on line power”, but this is not important for me, but
> may be used to explain why the timer is not working)

Is your NOTIFYCMD in upsmon.conf set to upssched or upssched-cmd? It
should be the former, I believe.

upssched-cmd is specified as the CMDSCRIPT in upssched.conf.

> ONBATT
> Dec  2 18:48:56 storage01 upsmon[3603]: ONBATT
> Dec  2 18:48:56 storage01 wall[4371]: wall: user root broadcasted 1
> lines (8 chars)
> Dec  2 18:48:56 storage01 upssched-cmd: Im On Battery

Can you raise the logging level to include LOG_INFO? There are a few
upssched messages whose timestamps might shed some light on the subject.