[Nut-upsuser] APC UPS won't restart after power outage

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Dec 22 22:15:37 UTC 2009

Citeren Ole Hoppe <ole.hoppe op gmail.com>:

> What could be wrong that prevents UPS from turning itself on again?

The UPS might not support this, in which case there is nothing we can
do about this. The APC Back-UPS CS 350 is an entry level consumer
grade UPS which is intended to power small desktop systems (not a
server running unattended).

If you want to find out what is happening under the hood, you could
run the driver in debug mode (not powering the server, since the
output *will* be switched off without warning during this test). Stop
NUT before running the below command:

     /path/to/usbhid-ups -DDD -k -a <upsname>

With mains present, this will most likely cycle the mains. Since the
UPS doesn't support a startup with delay, I guess it will turn off the
load and stay off in the absence of mains voltage.

Please keep list traffic on the list