[Nut-upsuser] XPCC XVRT-1000 driver

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Mon Dec 28 17:27:26 UTC 2009

Hi Jeff,
> Jeffrey B. Green wrote:
> > However, they are fairly simple tools and not configurable beyond
> > the command line arguments specifying the serial line and polling times.
>
> Sorry, small correction. Not polling times, rather the breakout delay
> time and the UPS shutdown delay time.

This sounds like the powercom program. So I think you need the powercom
driver.

Problem is that I don't think we have the papers on the protocol.

What you can do is starting the UPSMON program, then cat the port.
Ex:
cat /dev/ttyS0

If it returns something like this it is powercom.
(199.0 199.0 235.0 019 50.0 27.8 37.8 00101000

Then if you can check the speed on the port. The powercom driver is using
1200 b/s.

/Kjell