[Nut-upsuser] NUT SuSE Linux 11.0 USB ULTRA ULT33046 ups

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sat Jan 3 11:57:38 UTC 2009

Citeren Bill Blessing <billy1180 at gmail.com>:

> Sorry for the delay. Too much partying on New Year's Eve I suppose. Anyway,
> I've attached an usbsnoop log file that I ran for a small amount of time. If
> it needs to be longer let me know. Also, I've pasted the results below of
> the first bit of it. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

This looks a lot like the protocol used by the (serial) powercom
driver. The VID:PID combination is the same as the Advice Partner
PRPC650, which seems to use the same Cypress USB to Serial Driver
(cypress_m8) core. See my previous message about this.

I'm not an usbserial expert, so you'd better ask the developers of
this kernel module how you can make this detect this USB to serial
device. Once you have the /dev/ttyUSB0 device, the existing powercom
driver should be able to support your UPS with minimal effort.

Please keep list traffic on the list