[Nut-upsuser] online yunto q700

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 4 09:50:48 UTC 2009

Citeren "Dario \"subbia\" Cavallaro" <subbia at gmail.com>:

> Ok, strange result...... the ups is still attached, the id is the same,
> but it is ignored by the driver.

My mistake. I failed to notice the different productid of this device.
You should be able to connect to it by adding a couple of variables to
the ups.conf entry:

[yunto]
     driver = megatec_usb
     port = auto
     desc = "yunto q700"
     subdriver = agiler-old
     vendorid = 06da
     productid = 0002

Sorry about the confusion.

We won't be able to support this out of the box for now, since we
already have another driver that is using the same VID:PID
combination. Adding an another (incompatible) driver will break
existing installations that rely on a HAL addon that might be in use.
It could be done, by trying out both at the time of connecting, but
this will require merging the megatec_usb and bcmxcp_usb drivers
somehow. At runtime, this could then select the appropriate protocol
handler.

Please keep list traffic on the list