[Nut-upsuser] Strange ups.load and battery.temperature with an APC Back-UPS RS 800 (NUT v2.2.2)

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 7 20:36:10 UTC 2009

Citeren Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>:

>> These problems might be related. In order to find out what is wrong,
>> run the 'usbhid-ups' driver with debugging enabled (-DDDD, not higher)
>> to see what is going on.
>
> For reference, I have an APC Back-UPS RS 800 here and it says (with NUT
> 2.2.2):
>
> battery.temperature: 29.2
> (...)
> ups.load: 33.0
>
> The load value is correct. The temperature is fake (it never changes.)
> Same firmware version as in the original report (9.o4 .I).

Interesting. Still I would like to see the debug output. There are
many places where this problem can originate. UPS, computer, driver,
server, client and all the interfaces in between. Having the debug
output from the driver allows us to narrow this down if this is a
problem between UPS and driver (and therefor maybe existent only in
this particular setup) or something that is introduced between driver
and client (not related to the UPS).

Please keep list traffic on the list