[Nut-upsuser] Problems with Unitek Alpha 1000 Ps

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Sun Jan 25 16:35:16 UTC 2009

Citeren Jordi Moreno <jmoreno at cim.es>:

> Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
> get_data_agiler: raw dump: (0 bytes) =>
> get_data_agiler: raw dump: (8 bytes) => 30 30 31 30 30 30 0d 00
> Q1 => FAILED [short read]
> Q1 detail: (6 bytes) => 30 30 31 30 30 30

[...]

> Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

This UPS isn't speaking the Megatec protocol. It doesn't look like
anything familiar to me either.

> Trying with usbhid-ups:

It most certainly isn't a HID Power Device Class UPS, looking at the
length of the report descriptor, so this won't work either.

[...]

> So, can I try a different driver? Could be this UPS supported by NUT? I
> can give strace information too, but I don't want to make my mail
> longer!

Strace is a waste of effort here. We're not debugging a timing problem
here, we just don't what protocol the UPS uses. If you have (bundled)
software available for Windows, you might use usbsnoop to try and see
if you can find out how to communicate with this device. Until then,
there is nothing we can do for you.

> Sorry, but I'm a bit desperate... I have searched the web and
> didn't found any information about this UPS.

You could also reverse this. If you really need your UPS to be
supported in NUT, buy something that is listed as 'supported' instead.
If you're looking to quickly resolve this, this might be the best
advice we can give you. Currently, you're lacking both the protocol
information and a driver to use it. Getting this supported may take a
while.

Please keep list traffic on the list