[Nut-upsuser] Problems with Unitek Alpha 1000 Ps

Jordi Moreno jmoreno at cim.es
Tue Jan 27 13:23:33 UTC 2009

Jordi Moreno escribió:

> But if I try to send a shutdown command:
>
> # bin/blazer_usb -a unitek -u root -x vendorid=0665 -x productid=5161 -k
> Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.02 (2.4.0-pre2)
> Initiating UPS shutdown
> instcmd: command [shutdown.return] failed
> instcmd: command [shutdown.return] failed
> instcmd: command [shutdown.return] failed

Replying to myself...

I forgot to set debug level to the above command... maybe it could be
helpful!

chopito:/usr/local/ups# bin/blazer_usb -a unitek -u root -x
vendorid=0665 -k -DDDDD
Network UPS Tools - Megatec/Q1 protocol USB driver 0.02 (2.4.0-pre2)
debug level is '5'
Checking device (0665/5161) (003/003)
- VendorID: 0665
- ProductID: 5161
- Manufacturer: WayTech Development(S)
- Product: WayTech USB-RS232 Interface (V1.0)
Baud rate 2400bps
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device matches
failed to claim USB device: could not claim interface 0: Device or
resource busy
detached kernel driver from USB device...
Initiating UPS shutdown
send: S.5R0003
read: Resource temporarily unavailable
blazer_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
[...]
Shutdown failed after 3 retries!

What are these "failed to claim USB device: could not claim interface 0:
Device or resource busy" and "read: Resource temporarily unavailable"
messages about? Maybe permission problems? I'm running blazer_usb as root...

Another matter... the UPS beeped more or less five minutes after I
executed that command! But it didn't changed its state... it shows "on
line" forever!

Thanks in advance...