[Nut-upsuser] Problems with Unitek Alpha 1000 Ps

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Jan 29 11:31:36 UTC 2009

Citeren Jordi Moreno <jmoreno at cim.es>:

>          vendorid = 0665
>          productid = 5161
>          subdriver = phoenix

Don't use this, unless this is really needed! It is redundant for this
driver and you risk that if we ever change these, it will break your
installation. These keywords should only be used to use devices that
are not already supported by this driver out of the box. Yours is, so
you shouldn't use them.

[...]

> It returns error messages, but it seems to do the job just ok... It
> shuts down past 60 seconds and turns on again in 2 minutes.

Upgrade to nut-2.4.0 where this has been fixed. We used to expect a
timeout after sending the shutdown.return command, but in case a USB
interface is used, we should look for an error instead. This has been
corrected.

> There's only
> one little thing... in my config, when line goes down, nut launches a
> script that initiates a shutdown sequence in a minute if the line don't
> come back... just before shutting down the server (in rc.6), it sends a
> shutdown command to the UPS.

Via 'upsdrvctl shutdown' I presume? Note that this will call the
driver with the same '-k' option as used during your previous
debugging commands so if you want to see what is happening, use

     bin/blazer_usb -a unitek -u root -x ondelay=2 -k -DDD

instead.

> This seems to work ok for now... but I need
> that the UPS turns on the load again when the line comes back, and it
> doesn't happen as expected... line comes back but the UPS won't turn
> on...

That's outside of our control. After sending 'S01R0003' to the UPS, it
should switch off in one minute (S01) and switch back on after three
minutes (R0003). If the line power is still gone at the time the
restart timer elapsed, the UPS will wait until the power returns.

> I have read in the blazer man page about the shutdown.return
> command... How can I make NUT to send this command instead of
> shutdown.stayoff (as it seems to be sending). What value for ondelay
> should I give in order to do this?

It already uses the shutdown.return command (see the debug output), so
you can't change that.

Please keep list traffic on the list