[Nut-upsuser] Smart-UPS RT 3000 Baud Rate

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:16:55 UTC 2009

2009/7/8 Richard Scobie <richard at sauce.co.nz>

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>  both with and without your change applied.
>>
>> Arnaud
>>

> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Richard,

> Unfortunately I get the same result with and without the change.
>
> [root at smoke nut-2.4.1]# /usr/bin/apcsmart -DDD -a wnAPC3
> Network UPS Tools - APC Smart protocol driver 2.00 (2.4.1)
> APC command table version 2.0
> debug level is '3'
> Unable to detect an APC Smart protocol UPS on port /dev/ttyS0
> Check the cabling, port name or model name and try again
>
> Perhaps there is an issue with the serial port, although it appears to be
> OK - I'll look further.
>
> I have tested the UPS using Hyperterminal on a Windows laptop and it
> definitely only communicated at 9600 (as mentioned in the UPS docs).

I'm not an apc knowlee (and really don't want to become, really!), but it
may have something to do with the smart more detection (sending 'Y' or ESC
then 'Y' it seems).

have you seen anything with your hyperterm?
you will possibly have to dig a bit to get more info.

btw, I've found that:
http://www.nabble.com/APC-Cable-940-1525-td20503786.html

cheers,
Arnaud