[Nut-upsuser] Question about nut 2.4.1 and Ippon smart power pro 2000

vk vk at union-metall.ru
Thu Jun 18 06:04:05 UTC 2009

Hi all!
I have a ups Ippon smart power pro 2000. And it connects to my FreeBSD
7.2  x86  server  throught  usb.  I'm  try  to  setup  it  in nut with
megatec_usb driver... But it is not recognizes ups.
I'm try set productid and vendorid in ups.conf, but this is not help.
Nut version 2.4.1 below i'm add output of lsusb, my ups.conf and /usr/local/libexec/nut/megatec_usb -a IPPON -DDD

======== lsusb -vvv ================================
Bus /dev/usb1 Device /dev/ugen0: ID 0665:5161
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x0665
  idProduct          0x5161
  bcdDevice            0.02
  iManufacturer           1 Cypress Semiconductor
  iProduct                2 USB to Serial
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           34
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          3
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              4 Sample HID
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.00
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength      27
          Report Descriptor: (length is 27)
            Item(Global): Usage Page, data= [ 0x00 0xff ] 65280
                            (null)
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            (null)
            Item(Main  ): Collection, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
                            Application
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            (null)
            Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
            Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0xff 0x00 ] 255
            Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Main  ): Input, data= [ 0x82 ] 130
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Local ): Usage, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
                            (null)
            Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x08 ] 8
            Item(Main  ): Output, data= [ 0x82 ] 130
                            Data Variable Absolute No_Wrap Linear
                            Preferred_State No_Null_Position Volatile Bitfield
            Item(Main  ): End Collection, data=none
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval              32
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)

==========   ups.conf   ===============================
[IPPON]
driver = megatec_usb
port = /dev/ugen0
vendorid = 0665
productid = 5161

===== /usr/local/libexec/nut/megatec_usb -a IPPON -DDD =====
Network UPS Tools - Megatec protocol driver 1.6 (2.4.1)
Serial-over-USB transport layer 0.10
debug level is '3'
No appropriate HID device found
No supported devices found. Please check your device availability with 'lsusb'
and make sure you have an up-to-date version of NUT. If this does not help,
try running the driver with at least 'vendorid' and 'subdriver' options
specified. Please refer to the man page for details about these options
(man 8 megatec_usb).
Please report your results to the NUT user's mailing list
<nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>.

--
С уважением,
 vk                          mailto:vk at union-metall.ru