[Nut-upsuser] NUT and Ablerex MARS 3000RT

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Mar 10 22:33:28 UTC 2009

On 03/11/2009 12:23 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Snoopy Great <great.snoopy at gmail.com>:
>

>> I own some Ablerex MARS 3000 (MS3000RT) UPS.
>> Following the thread here :
>> http://osdir.com/ml/monitoring.nut.user/2006-04/msg00091.html
>> I would have the following issues :
>> 1. The battery charge displayed seems wrong : It always shows 100.0 - even
>> when the battery is disconnected for replacement.
>>

> The battery charge is calculated from the battery voltage reported by
> the UPS. If this voltage is still present with batteries disconnected,
> there is nothing we can do about this.
>

>> 2. Battery voltage 2.29 is also static ...and wrong. The initial assumption
>> of being the voltage per unit seems wrong : the ups uses  8 x 12V batteries.
>> 8*12 = 96V , same as  battery.voltage.nominal: which is correct.
>>

> Again, the battery voltage shown is reported by the UPS. We can't do
> anything about that if it is static, complain to the vendor instead.
> Newer versions of NUT will allow you to specify a multiplication value
> for the battery voltage, so that it will match the total string
> voltage. This won't help though, if the reported value is static.
>

>> The initial poster seems to have more credible results at least regarding
>> the battery.charge: variable, however in my case the value is wrong.
>>

> [...]
>

>> Any ideea about the cause of the anomalies ?
>>

> This is a limitation of your UPS. We can't do anything about that.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

I am the above mentioned "initial poster". I have an identical UPS is
identical and on my box the value of battery.charge decreases over time
if the UPS is OB. Only odd thing is that it never reaches a level above 97%.
Worth noting is that I am still using the version of nut compiled from
svn (2.1_23.06.2006) at the time when it was adjusted to accommodate
this model of UPS.

    Manuel