[Nut-upsuser] Where are usbhid-ups driver parameters defined - and what do some of them mean?

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Fri May 22 07:41:47 UTC 2009

I am using the usbhid-ups driver with a Belkin UPS.
upsc shows several parameters which I would like to both understand and
probably change. In particular the following part of upsc output:

battery.charge.low: 30
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.runtime: 120

My questions are:

1) What is the difference between battery.charge.low and
battery.charge.warning? I presume these are % thresholdsWhich of these
triggers the low battery event?
2) Is there some way to change these? 30% charge seems to me to be
sailing a little close to the wind. As the battery ages - I'm sure the
UPS will cut out long before "zero" is reached. Also - if it comes back
up with  < 30% charge - and another power fail occurs soon after - that
is not good. Are these set i the source code - or is there another
config file somewhere. upsrw doesn't appear to be able to change these.
3) What exactly is battery.runtime.

Can anyone point me to documentation which describes these parameters?

Thanks

Richard.