[Nut-upsuser] New website and call to test / feedback

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 21:14:39 UTC 2009

Hi Roger,

first, please keep the traffic on the list...

2009/11/2 Roger Price:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>> The first round on the new NUT website is mostly done:
>> http://new.networkupstools.org
>
>> So, your testing and feedback is welcome to finalize this step. Current
>> testing have been done using: FireFox 3.5, Chrome 4, IE6, 7 and 8.
>
> Its good to see sites with W3C "validated (X)HTML" logos,

sure, although, as you've find, everything is not yet perfect.

> but the W3Cvalidator
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnew.networkupstools.org%2Fstable-hcl.html&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
> reports errors and warnings.

indeed. we're already working on some.

> I read my mail with alpine which uses the text browser w3m to present web
> pages.  The site is readable with w3m, except for
> http://new.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html where the colour coding is
> not available.  Would it be possible to have a 1-character column which says
> 1/2/3/4/5 for each UPS? It would also help people who have to use
> text-to-speech browsers.

hm, I'll think about it and try to get back with a solution.

I will also include w3m in the targets.

thanks for your much appreciated feedback,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops