[Nut-upsuser] Powerware USB issue solved (bcmxcp_usb)

Greg greg_roll at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:04:50 UTC 2009

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for continuing to look at this. Much appreciated!

I compiled the driver on my QNAP as I didn't have time to muck around with Ubuntu.

Here is my output
============================
[/] # /usr/local/ups/bin/bcmxcp_usb -DDDD -a qnapups -u admin
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.22 (2.4.1)
USB communication subdriver 0.17
   0.000000     debug level is '4'
   0.008527     device 007 opened successfully
   0.627638     Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (data): got 17 bytes instead of 116!!!

   1.635224     Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): BLOCK: 0, COMMAND: 31!

   1.667626     Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): BLOCK: 0, COMMAND: 31!

   2.677716     Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request command): COMMAND: 31

   2.677812     RECONNECT USB DEVICE

   5.717704     device 007 opened successfully
   5.718507     Can't reset POWERWARE USB endpoint: could not clear/halt ep 129: Broken pipe
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus (USB)

Things to try:

 - Connect UPS device to USB bus

 - Run this driver as another user (upsdrvctl -u or 'user=...' in ups.conf).
   See upsdrvctl(8) and ups.conf(5).

   5.756653     Fatal error: unusable configuration
   5.756726     CLOSING

It look similar to the issue I had originally but remember I am on the QNAP.

Thanks again,
Greg