[Nut-upsuser] Powerware USB issue solved (bcmxcp_usb)

Greg greg_roll at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 09:13:27 UTC 2009

Hi Kjell,

From: "Kjell Claesson" <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 7:41 PM
To: <nut-upsuser at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Cc: "Greg" <greg_roll at hotmail.com>; "Arnaud Quette" <aquette.dev at gmail.com>;
"Thomas Zulliger" <Thomas.Zulliger at quiksilver.com.au>; "Greg Vickers"
<daehenoc at optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] Powerware USB issue solved (bcmxcp_usb)

> Hi Greg,
>> Hi Arnaud,
>>
>> I must be doing something wrong.
>>
>> I pulled down revision 2015 and even browsed through
>>  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/nut/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0 and drivers/bcmxcp.c
>>  shows driver version 0.22.
>>
> Yep, think that Arnaud missed to change the number.
> But he should change the usb subdriver number to 0.18 instead.
>
> The main numbering 0.22 is for the protocol part, that is the same for
> usb and serial.
>
> The changes was made to a included function file nut-usb, that have no
> revision number. But it is only the usb part of bcmxcp that use this file.
>
>> I can't seem to pull down a file with version 0.23.
>>
>> In my last post I ran from /usr/local/ups/bin/bcmxcp_usb but I had copied
>>  the compiled file there.
>>
>> Could you possibly explain what im doing wrong or even send me a tar file
>>  of the source?
> You can run the driver in debug mode directly from the build. So when you
> have
> compiled you can call /path/to/nut/drivers/bcmxcp_usb -DD -a<ups>.
> The you don't have to move it for testing.
>
> What is the outcome of the debug run ?
> Same problems?

Yep same problems. Here is the output from the build directory...
[/share/Public/nut2.5/drivers] # ./bcmxcp_usb -DD -a qnapups -u admin
Network UPS Tools - BCMXCP UPS driver 0.22 (2.4.1)
USB communication subdriver 0.17
   0.000000     debug level is '2'
   0.006703     device 009 opened successfully
   0.928340     Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (data): got 33
bytes instead of 116!!!

   2.938432     Communications with UPS lost: Receive error (Request
command): COMMAND: 31

   2.939556     RECONNECT USB DEVICE

   5.978409     device 009 opened successfully
   5.979697     Can't reset POWERWARE USB endpoint: could not clear/halt ep
129: Broken pipe
Unable to find POWERWARE UPS device on USB bus (USB)

Things to try:

 - Connect UPS device to USB bus

 - Run this driver as another user (upsdrvctl -u or 'user=...' in ups.conf).
   See upsdrvctl(8) and ups.conf(5).

   6.022613     Fatal error: unusable configuration
   6.023582     CLOSING

Thanks,
Greg

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4494 (20091009) __________