[Nut-upsuser] Powerware USB issue solved (bcmxcp_usb)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 12:00:15 UTC 2009

hey there,

2009/10/10 Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>

> Hi Greg,
> > Hi Arnaud,
> >
> > I must be doing something wrong.
> >
> > I pulled down revision 2015 and even browsed through
> >  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/nut/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0 and drivers/bcmxcp.c
> >  shows driver version 0.22.
> >
> Yep, think that Arnaud missed to change the number.
> But he should change the usb subdriver number to 0.18 instead.
>
> The main numbering 0.22 is for the protocol part, that is the same for
> usb and serial.

The changes was made to a included function file nut-usb, that have no
> revision number. But it is only the usb part of bcmxcp that use this file.

in fact, there are 2 things:
- the first is that I should really merge nut_usb into bcmxcp_usb...
in order not to forgot to update the communication sub driver version.
so, it should indeed be 0.18
- the 2nd is that I have a local uncommited change on the core (0.23...)

> I can't seem to pull down a file with version 0.23.
> >
> > In my last post I ran from /usr/local/ups/bin/bcmxcp_usb but I had copied
> >  the compiled file there.
> >
> > Could you possibly explain what im doing wrong or even send me a tar file
> >  of the source?
>
> You can run the driver in debug mode directly from the build. So when you
> have
> compiled you can call /path/to/nut/drivers/bcmxcp_usb -DD -a<ups>.
> The you don't have to move it for testing.
>
> What is the outcome of the debug run ?
> Same problems?

the issue is now a short read.
I've had a look at LanSafe for Linux, and it's looping on interrupt_read()
until the timeout or the end of the block (ignoring USB null padding).
I currently to have much time to do so, but bcmxcp_usb->get_answer() should
be modified.

cheers,
Arnaud
--