[Nut-upsuser] 2.6.31.4: USB/UPS connectivity issue on Intel DP55KG Motherboard [DEBUG logs included upsd/upsmon/usbhid-ups]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 01:44:14 UTC 2009

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:20 PM, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Citeren Alan Stern <stern at rowland.harvard.edu>:
>
>>> Is there anything else I can do on my end?  Or is this with the
>>> nut developers at this point?
>>
>> Well, there's nothing the kernel developers can do about it.  :-)
>>
>> The nut developers should try to follow up on the anomalies I found
>> in
>> the usbmon trace.
>
> I'm afraid there is little the NUT developers can do either. If we
> can't retrieve reports that should be available (according to the
> report descriptor) and instead get 'broken pipe' from libusb, there
> is little more we can do than trying to reconnect to the device.
>
> What might be a problem here too, is that one should make sure that
> either one instance of usbhid-ups is running at the same time (if
> only one UPS is attached) or that each one uniquely matches a single
> device (if multiple UPS are attached). Especially when debugging,
> make sure to kill of any remaining instances to prevent them
> battling for the same device.

Arjen,

could this be a result of setting pollfreq too low?

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/5043

If this is not how pollfreq works, then I stand corrected - but if the
device is fully polled once every 30 seconds, and a power outage
occurs in that 30-second window, I would think that NUT would get an
interrupt report.