[Nut-upsuser] stopping ups services resets my network

Antoine Gatineau antoine.gatineau at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Oct 27 13:36:16 UTC 2009

 Hello,

I'm back again on this issue.
I have contacted Red Hat support but they won't do anything to help since it
is not an official Red Hat package. Unless I prove the conflict come from
RH.

So I am trying to figure out what is going on.

Adding -DDDDD will not add any more log at the services stop.

When I look at the sources, I couldn't find the piece of code that release
properly the usb UPS device. There is just a normal SIGTERM handling. Is
this normal?

I also noticed that there are debug logs but I don't know how to activate
them... Can somebody tell me how to do it?

Do you have any advice on how to debug this? I have not seen anything
particuliar about IRQs and there is no message in syslog when stopping ups.

The fact is that I don't know at all what is blocking my network card and
even less why... :(

Thanks,
Antoine