[Nut-upsuser] MGE Evolution mge-utalk Driver Not Connected error

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 09:20:15 UTC 2009

2009/8/23 Phil Harrison

> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Phil,

sorry for the lag, I was sure this mail was already gone...

 Thanks for your suggestion. I had to wait for a moment to take the UPS
> offline to test your suggestion. I shut down attached system, turned
> off the UPS and unplugged mains power for 5-10 seconds. I think
> replugged mains power, turned on the UPS and all attached equiptment
> started turning on.
>
> sudo /lib/nut/mge-shut -DDD -a ups1
>
> gives me same as before.
>
> using mge-utalk same as before as well.

I'm now doubting: reading back the thread, you mention an esv14+
but the msg title is about an evolution.

if it's the former, stay with mge-utalk.
if it's the latter, go with mge-shut.

Is there anyway I can test whether the problem is to do with the USB
> to serial adaptor? according to dmesg it should be working correctly.
>
> [    0.010000] console [tty0] enabled
> [    9.241586] usb 8-2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0

it's quite possible, since I've seen iirc some issue when the converter is
attached to a hub that is not a root one.
so, is the converter attached to a root hub (ie directly on the PC)?

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops