[Nut-upsuser] GE lanpor ups monitored with SNMP stop to monitor after upgrade

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Apr 5 08:32:24 UTC 2010

Citeren Александр <der op btsig.ru>:

> May be, the problem is that this SNMP board report not everything
> specified in RFC for UPS: for example, battery temperature is not
> reported.
> Does nut stop after first failed request (no such variable) and
> switch to next scheme?

No. It checks for a certain IOD specific for the MIB it is attempting
to detect. If it is present, it assumes success, otherwise it will
check for the next one. Which IOD varies, but I doubt that any uses
something specific like battery temperature.

Could you run the driver in debug mode and see if that provides more info?

     /path/to/snmp-ups -DDDD -a upsname

Please keep list traffic on the list