[Nut-upsuser] Upsdrv failed to start

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 1 14:13:29 UTC 2010

Citeren "briceboulangeot op hotmail.com" <briceboulangeot op hotmail.com>:

> Here's the message when I try to stop upsdrv daemon (/etc/init.d/upsdrv stop)
>  * Stopping UPS drivers ...
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Can't open /var/lib/nut/usbhid-ups-auto.pid: No such file or directory
>
> Here's the message when I try to start upsdrv daemon
> (/etc/init.d/upsdrv start)
>   * WARNING:  upsdrv has already been started.

The above is a problem with the Gentoo startup script. We don't
provide startup scripts, so you'll have to as someone from Gentoo for
help.

> And finally here's the message error when I try to execute directly
> upsdrvctl inside root shell (upsdrvctl start)
>
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> Can't claim USB device [0463:ffff]: could not detach kernel driver
> from interface 0: No route to host
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> I think it's a problem with my kernel but I'am not sure.

I think it is a udev problem, ie the permissions for the device node
is not changed to allow the driver process to connect. You can verify
if this is the case by running the *driver* with root permissions:

     /path/to/usbhid-ups -u root -a MGE-Ellipse600

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)