[Nut-upsuser] Strange problem with two Cyberpower UPS'es

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Jan 12 16:05:25 UTC 2010

Citeren "Svein Skogen (Listmail Account)" <svein-listmail op stillbilde.net>:

> The relevant parts of my ups.conf is the following:
>
> [1500LCD]
>         driver = "usbhid-ups"
>         vendorid=0764
>         productid=0501
>         vendor=CPS
>         port = /dev/ugen3.5
>         desc = "My Cyberpower 1500 LCD"
>
> [2200LCD]
>         driver = "usbhid-ups"
>         vendorid=0764
>         productid=0501
>         vendor=CPS
>         port = /dev/ugen4.2
>         desc = "My Cyberpower 2200 LCD"
>
> Looks nice and tidy.

Not at all.

> However when the usbhid driver starts, it promptly binds both instances
> to the first ups, blatantly ignoring the port statement.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Read 'man 8 usbhid-ups'. Both UPSes need to be uniquely identified
through the regular expressions. The ones you specified are the same
for both devices, so they are not unique. It will also tell you that
the 'port' value will be ignored, so basically both entries are
identical now.

Please keep list traffic on the list