[Nut-upsuser] Concept questions: Extra battery packs & additional UPSes...

Richard richard-nut at rain4us.net
Fri Jul 30 22:20:50 UTC 2010

* Is there a way to configure NUT so that it recognizes the huge
additional battery pack that has been attached to the 2200XL? The
51minutes runtime is a number consistent with the load we have placed on
a stock standalone 2200XL.  With the extra large battery pack we've
added, the runtime should be more than 2.5 hours.

* I see the "Bizzare configuration" graphic on the
http://www.networkupstools.org/features/ and that sort of describes my
configuration.   I haven't yet been able to compile a version of NUT on
an old Slackware 9.0 server so I am hoping to have my master server
monitor the little APC ups and then take action to shutdown the remote
server via a script.  On which portions of the documentation do I need
to focus to accomplish this?