[Nut-upsuser] snmp-ups 2.4.3 cannot talk to upsd

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Tue Jun 22 13:08:13 UTC 2010

Hi again,
ok, I've found the problem. The issue is here, in
drivers/netvision-mib.c:

#define NETVISION_OID_BATTERYSTATUS
".1.3.6.1.4.1.4555.1.1.1.1.2.1.0"
static info_lkp_t netvision_batt_info[] = {
        { 2, "" }, /* battery normal */
        { 3, "LB" }, /* battery low */
        { 4, "LB" }, /* battery depleted */
        { 5, "" }, /* battery discharging */
        { 6, "RB" },  /* battery failure */
        { 0, "NULL" }
};

As you can see, labels for values 2 and 5 are empty. This is bothering
upsmon. I took the old values from 2.4.1 (they were in a .h file before)
which were OL for 2 and OB for 5, recompiled and it all works!
I can submit a patch if you like, but it's quite easy to add those 4
char by hand...

Fabio Papa