[Nut-upsuser] Support for Tripp Lite SmartOnline SU1000XLA?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:27:32 UTC 2010

On May 9, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Ron Peterson wrote:

> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
> Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.3)
> USB communication driver 0.31
> Using subdriver: TrippLite HID 0.4
> libusb_get_report: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource
> busy
> Got disconnected by another driver: Device or resource busy
> Can't initialize data from HID UPS
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Ron,

it sounds like the error on the libusb_get_report line can be avoided
with the following patch:

http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/changeset/2407?format=diff&new=2407

That error is subtly different from the error that James is seeing
("USB problems" thread) earlier on in the driver startup sequence,
relating to permissions.

Have you rebuilt a .deb from source before? If not, I can walk you
through some of the steps.

You might also want to file a bug with Debian, since this seems to be
affecting a number of people.

--
Charles Lepple