[Nut-upsuser] still no nut at reboot

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 15 13:09:29 UTC 2010

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

>> Whats next coach?  I'm going blind staring at this, and probably missing
>> something obvious, like hacking on the 52-* udev script some more to change
>> some perms?  FWIW, changing all the 'ATTR' to 'ATTRS' shut it up
>> completely.  This was udev complaining about a deprecated format.  Other
>> than the spelling, I didn't change anything else.
>
> Sigh. Good to know that we will need to update that at some point.
> (I wonder how many older udev installations we will break if we
> change that now? Guess we could ship two copies.)

The change in r2071 might not be correct in the first place. See the
following (which ironically, I found through the comments in this
commit):

     http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=blob;f=NEWS#l850

This suggests (among other things) to change SYSFS to ATTRS (not
ATTR), exactly what seems to be needed to make the rules files work
again. Without digging much further into this, I think it makes sense
to follow that and use ATTRS instead.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)