[Nut-upsuser] Mustek PowerMust 600 USB on Gentoo

Hristo Iliev hsiliev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:14:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my Mustek 600 with USB (no serial ports on my computer)
on Gentoo. The configuration I use is:
[Mustek]
  driver = megatec_usb
  port = auto
  desc = "Power Mustek 600 USB"

The NUT I use on my x86_64 machine is:
sys-power/nut-2.4.3-r2  USE="bash-completion ssl usb xml -cgi -hal -snmp"

When I start upsdrv I get:
weasel ~ # /etc/init.d/upsdrv start -DDDDD
 * Starting UPS drivers ...
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.4.3
Network UPS Tools - Megatec protocol driver 1.6 (2.4.3)
Serial-over-USB transport layer 0.10
libusb_get_interrupt: error sending control message: Operation not permitted
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
Megatec protocol UPS detected.
libusb_set_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
ser_send_pace: Device detached? (error -1: error sending control message:
Device or resource busy)
Successfully reconnected
libusb_get_interrupt: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
libusb_set_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
ser_send_pace: Device detached? (error -1: error sending control message:
Device or resource busy)
libusb_get_interrupt: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy
libusb_get_interrupt: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
Cannot calculate charge percentage for this UPS.
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
libusb_set_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
ser_send_pace: Device detached? (error -1: error sending control message:
Device or resource busy)
Successfully reconnected
Successfully reconnected
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
libusb_set_report: error sending control message: Device or resource busy
ser_send_pace: Device detached? (error -1: error sending control message:
Device or resource busy)
Successfully reconnected
libusb_get_interrupt: error submitting URB: Device or resource busy
ser_get_line: Device detached? (error -1: could not claim interface 0:
Device or resource busy)
Successfully reconnected
Startup timer elapsed, continuing...

dmesg outputs a lot of similar messages for the megatec_usb process:
usb 4-2: usbfs: process 20311 (megatec_usb) did not claim interface 0 before
use

Can you please advise me what can I try to get NUT working?

Regards,
Hristo Iliev