[Nut-upsuser] OT: gadget to display time remaining

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 11:41:04 UTC 2010

2010/11/28 Arjen de Korte

> Citeren James:
>
>  Since you don't mention the make and model of the UPS in question, it
>>> will probably be impossible to help you any further.
>>>

>> Ah, standard USBHID (CyberPower CP550SLG).
>>

> This is a (very) basic entry level UPS. I doubt it is worth the
> effort/money to invest in such a gadget, since models with a built-in status
> display are available in a similar price range (for instance the CP600LCD
> from the same vendor). In any case, the USB interface needs a host
> controller for reading data from the UPS, so some sort of processor will be
> needed. This is doable without a PC, but given the availability of UPSes
> which have the requested features already built-in, the market for this will
> be extremely small.

I second Arjen's comment.

that being said, if you really want to do it yourself, the 2 below links may
be useful:
- http://www.arduino.cc
- LCD Nut : http://www.webbastards.com/projects/

Otherwise, any other appliance (ie not a real computer, but an embedded
device that use Linux) can be suitable...

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com