[Nut-upsuser] APC CS650 not turning load back on when powerreturn

Doug Parsons doug at parsonsemail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:47:51 UTC 2010

Just to throw in a couple of comments but no direct knowledge:

As for restoring immediately I believe the battery level has some effect on
that.

Determining the command is a little more tricky. The best way to do this is
to sniff the connection since the manufacture does not make the commands
available. And to do this you need the UPS. So, since you have the UPS, if
you can hook the UPS back up to the Windows box. Run it with a sniffer on
the USB connection. Then see what commands are being sent, so that can be
compared to what NUT is actually sending.

Haven't actually done this on USB myself but there appears to be a selection
of free sniffers out there. There is one that has a fully functional 33 day
trial that work on any 32 bit Windows, usblyzer. Search Google for: windows
usb sniffer.

Doug