[Nut-upsuser] [Eaton ex-MGE Ellipse ASR] Disable automatic battery test

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 07:24:22 UTC 2010

Hi Patrick,

I first hope you're doing fine since the last time...

2010/10/7 Patrick Agrain

> Hello everybody,
>
> Our supoprt team is facing a problem which froze the CPU.
> They suspect that this happens after an automatic battery test, which lets
> the battery goes down to 30% and then stop the test.
> At this level of charge, our kernel also triggers a shutdown (CPU and UPS).
>
> I saw (in the doc found here : tools.*mge*
> ops.net/download/intl/products/*ellipse*-asr/28-umeasr_08.pdf)
> that this test is performed once a week.
>
> Is there a way to disable this test ?

AFAIK, not on these low end model... But I have not had a chance to get a
hand on this kind of unit to check (too many meetings...)

the only thing I can see (apart from changing for a more feature full unit)
is to lower the trigger level from 30 % to 20 % so that these tests do no
result in a shutdown. If the software is still NUT, you can simply change
the low battery level using "lowbatt=value" in ups.conf

I'm cc'ing our support to confirm this point.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops