[Nut-upsuser] Powercom WOW-525U nut configuration

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 16:46:19 UTC 2010

2010/10/13 Arjen de Korte

> Citeren Arnaud Quette:
>

>  please subscribe to the nut user mailing list (
>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/nut-upsuser)
>> and post the output of "/path/to/usbhid-ups -DDDDD -a
>> <your_ups_name_in_ups.conf>"
>>

> Forget the above, this is not a HID PDC device. Currently PowerCOM uses (at
> least) the following VendorID:ProductID combinations:
>
> 0d9f:0001 - probably USB to serial implementation (unknown)
> 0d9f:0002 - Cypress M8 USB to serial (use a /dev/ttyUSBx serial port and
> 'powercom' serial driver)
> 0d9f:00a2 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
> 0d9f:00a3 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
> 0d9f:00a4 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
> 0d9f:00a5 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
> 0d9f:00a6 - serial over HID PDC (use usbhid-ups)
>
> We've seen reports for the 0d9f:0001 from PowerCOM before, but no reports
> from people that succeeded in setting this up with NUT. You'd need to find
> out what protocol is use and how the USB to serial implementation works.

I'm wondering if giving blazer_usb a try would not be worth!
iirc, I've seen something in the past about PowerCom units running the
Megatec/Q1 protocol...

asking to our PowerCom contact might also be an idea (I'm digging to find
back the tech. contact that Alexey Morozov pointed)

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops