[Nut-upsuser] Getting "Error: No such host" and [ERR ACCESS-DENIED]

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 21:45:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+users at de-korte.org> wrote:
> This has nothing to do with upsmon(.conf). The connection is rejected by the
> upsd server. In the upsd(8) man page there is already a reference to
> hosts_access(5). Sadly this isn't very specific about systems running both
> IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.

One thing we might consider logging at a slightly higher level is
whether the ACCESS-DENIED error originated from NUT (while checking
the user lists), or from TCP wrappers. I know we wouldn't want to send
that back over the socket, but at the moment, I think the message is
only set out over upsdebugx().

--
- Charles Lepple