[Nut-upsuser] Cyberpower CP850PFCLCD 120% battery charge

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Fri Apr 1 07:17:33 UTC 2011

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple op gmail.com>:

> in the current version of cps-hid.c, it looks like
> FullChargeCapacity, DesignCapacity and CapacityMode are unmapped.

This is intentional. The capacity mode determines the units in which
FullChargeCapacity and DesignCapacity will be reported. Generally,
this will be '2' so values are reported in percent (%). In many cases
they will read 100% at all times (I have yet to find a UPS where the
FullChargeCapacity drops with aging batteries).

> Or, it could be that the firmware designers confused the
> RemainingCapacity value with AbsoluteStateOfCharge, which is allowed
> to be greater than 100%. (Pages 36-38 of the PDC spec.)

That could also be the case. Given the fact that this is a highly
loaded UPS (56%), it wouldn't be strange that you would need more than
81% charge left if you set the low battery level to a runtime
remaining of 300 seconds.

> Are two "-D" flags sufficient to see the report descriptor
> information and relevant reports?

With just two '-D' flags, you'll get a dump of all HID paths that are
supported by the UPS. We need three '-D' flags however to see the raw
report descriptor, which I would like to archive for future use.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)