[Nut-upsuser] GE EP series UPS

Danilo Godec danilo.godec at agenda.si
Tue Apr 5 08:57:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just got two new UPS's - GE EP6000R. These have both RS232 and USB
connection.

As far as I could detect these are not supported by NUT. However, they
provide some Linux software and as long as these UPS's are not in
production (another week or so) I could 'play' with them to try to get
some protocol information.

Though I would need some pointers on how to do it... Mind you I'm no
programmer so I won't be able to create an actual driver.

So - what's a good way to 'sniff' RS232 data sent to and from UPS?

  Regards, Danilo

--
Danilo Godec, sistemska podpora / system administration

Predlog! Obiscite prenovljeno spletno stran www.agenda.si

ODPRTA KODA IN LINUX
STORITVE : POSLOVNE RESITVE : UPRAVLJANJE IT : INFRASTRUKTURA IT : IZOBRAZEVANJE : PROGRAMSKA OPREMA

Visit our updated web page at www.agenda.si

OPEN SOURCE AND LINUX
SERVICES : BUSINESS SOLUTIONS : IT MANAGEMENT : IT INFRASTRUCTURE : TRAINING : SOFTWARE