[Nut-upsuser] Is "eaton 5115 UPS" compatible with NUT

Daniel Nilsson danielandre90 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:39:22 UTC 2011

Hi.

I'm using ubuntu 10.04 and I'm in the process of buying a ups.

This is it (eaton 5115 ups) with usb interface

http://powerquality.eaton.com/05146561-5591.aspx?CX=3

I had a look at the ups compatibility chart here:

http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

But I can't find this particular ups listed.

I plan to use NUT v. 2.4.3 that I can get from the repositories.

I had a look at the manpage for the "bcmxcp_usb" and "usbhid-ups" driver

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/bcmxcp_usb.html

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html

According to the manpage, "usbhid-ups" should support "the newer Eaton USB models"

So my question is, will this driver work with this ups?

I have to know before purchasing.

Thanks.