[Nut-upsuser] Is "eaton 5115 UPS" compatible with NUT

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Mon Apr 11 18:55:54 UTC 2011

> Hi.

Hi Daniel,

> I'm using ubuntu 10.04 and I'm in the process of buying a ups.
> This is it (eaton 5115 ups) with usb interface
>
> http://powerquality.eaton.com/05146561-5591.aspx?CX=3
>
> I had a look at the ups compatibility chart here:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html
>
> But I can't find this particular ups listed.

You have to look at Powerware for that one. This is a model
before Eaton marked there series.

And yes it is compatible with the bcmxcp_usb driver.

> I plan to use NUT v. 2.4.3 that I can get from the repositories.

Try to get a new version. I think Ubuntu have the latest.

> I had a look at the manpage for the "bcmxcp_usb" and "usbhid-ups" driver
> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/bcmxcp_usb.html
> http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/usbhid-ups.html
>
> According to the manpage, "usbhid-ups" should support "the newer Eaton USB
> models"

Yes but not this one.

> So my question is, will this driver work with this ups?

No, you will need to use the bcmxcp-usb driver.

> I have to know before purchasing.
>

> Thanks.

Lycka till med ups'en.

Regards