[Nut-upsuser] 2.6.38.3 w/nut: libusb_get_string: error sending control message: Broken pipe

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Thu Apr 21 17:34:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

Dist: Debian Testing
Kernel: 2.6.38.3
Software: nut 2.6.0-1

I believe this is a chipset bug, are there any plans for a workaround?
The messages have changed over the kernel versions for this problem, but
the problem itself still exists:

Apr 21 09:17:25 p34 usbhid-ups[3737]: libusb_get_string: error sending control
message: Broken pipe
Apr 21 09:44:20 p34 usbhid-ups[3737]: libusb_get_string: error sending control
message: Broken pipe

Error from 2009 (still a problem)
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2009-October/005530.html

This occurred on my last Intel motherboard (Intel 965WH) and current
motherboard, Intel DP55KG.

Is there something that can be 'fixed' or an workaround implemented, or
should I just send these messages to /dev/null?

As the nut software does work OK, I keep getting these errors in the logs.

Thanks,

Justin.