[Nut-upsuser] Unexpected shutdown begins for WOW-500U

Sergei V. Dubrov dubrov at inp.nsk.su
Mon Aug 1 03:58:53 UTC 2011

G'day!

My 1st reply was bounced as too large. I'll try to resend message with
compressed attachment.

On 30 Jul 2011 at 22:54, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> And once again want to emphasize - UPS does not go to state 'data stale'
> (loss of communication) after switching to battery since we can
> immediately
> read its status, for example, with the command 'upsc'.
>
> but since upsmon launches the system shutdown, there is something
> triggering it!

Yes, and I'm very interested learn what it is :-)

> fake_lowbatt doesn't exist in usbhid-ups.

My mistake again - I found fake_lowbatt in another driver.

> you're probably facing a data mapping mismatch.

Very similar to that...

> the best would be to monitor this a bit more closely.
> prefer to remove your PC from the UPS for those tests!
> set SHUTDOWNCMD to empty or something not hurting (gedit)

Changed SHUTDOWNCMD "date >> /var/log/nutlog"

> and restart
> upsmon and the driver in debug mode (ie "usbhid-ups -DDD -a ..."), in
> separate consoles.
>
> then test a power failure, and send us back the results, along with your
> configuration (passwd trimmed!)

In attachment are debug results (long) for "usbhid-ups -DDD -a xen-home -u
ups" while power failure and my conf-files.

> cheers,
> Arno

WBR,
Sergei Dubrov