[Nut-upsuser] beginner questions about AEC Star T4110

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu Aug 11 10:44:46 UTC 2011

On Thursday 11 August 2011 10.55.39 Gémes Géza wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Géza.

> I've got an AEC Star T4110 connected with an RS232 port by a megatec cable.
> On the list of supported devices
> (http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html) there is only one AEC
> device, so I tried genericups with upstype=21. The problem is, that the
> UPS (while being on-line) reports constantly being on battery.
> # upsc aec ups.status
> OB
The only thing I could found on AEC T4(110), that it is a RS232 and have
'dry contact' and 'SNMP' as option. And as it is a online ups and at least
10KVA, I think it has some intelligent communication.

So I don't think it is a working on the generic driver. If you don't have the
'dry contact' option installed.

> My question is:
> What is the recommended procedure to debug this (what parameters try to
> change in what order)?
> About the system:
> Ubuntu 10.04 (kernel 2.6.32-33-generic)
> NUT: 2.4.3-1ubuntu3.1

I think it talks some megatec protocol. So if you can upgrade to a new NUT
and test the 'blazer_ser' driver. Or the megatec driver in 2.4.

Run it in debug mode. Locate where you have the ups driver. Then do

/path/to/megatec -DD -a myups

Where myups is the tag in the ups.conf

[myups]
	driver=megatec