[Nut-upsuser] Debian squeeze: nut udev message at computer startup

Daniel Nilsson danielandre90 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 19 00:09:16 UTC 2011

Hi.

I'm using nut with debian squeeze.

When the computer boots and nut is loaded, I get the following messages:

"Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevdudevd [451]: BUS= will be removed in a future udev version.
please use SUBSYSTEM= to match the event device. or SUBSYSTEMS= to match a parent device.
in /lib/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usb.rules:6

.
Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...udevd [452]: BUS= will be removed in a future udev version.
please use SUBSYSTEM= to match the event device. or SUBSYSTEMS= to match a parent device.

in /lib/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usb.rules:6"

Line 6 in "52-nut-usb.rules:6" contains the following:

BUS!="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"

I understand you're supposed to replace "BUS" with either "SUBSYSTEM" or "SUBSYSTEMS" but which one am I supposed to use in this case?

I can provide more info if necessary, just let me know.

Thanks.